This cold spell has definitely not been good for my lips. But don’t worry I got you covered with this easy DIY homemade lip scrub which leaves your lips smooth and plump.
My lips are used to becoming dry, chapping and sometimes bleeding extensively which made it close to impossible to wear my favorite lipsticks in winter until I came across this.
You probably have all the ingredients lying around your house already and it will take you approximately 10 minutes to whip up -or less!
- 1 tablespoon of fine salt
- 1.5 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Vaseline
- 1 lip balm that you no longer use
- 1 / 2 empty containers
- In a bowl combine the Vaseline and Lip Balm and microwave it for a few seconds until it becomes soft enough to mix together. It’s not necessary to use a lip balm however it gives it a nice color and smell – I used the macaron lip balm from @forevernew in the flavor lemon so my lip scrub is yellow in color and smells like lemons. OBVS
- Mix in the Olive Oil to form a smooth, creamy texture.
- Add in your remaining ingredients (salt & sugar) and stir it into your mixture until rich and grainy. Now you’re done!
- Scoop it into your container and use daily for softer lips!
I am positive you will get quite a bit of lip scrub so if your containers are small you might need 2/3. I filled my scrub back into the macaron lip balm tub and it filled just over 2 of those.
Are you a fan of lip-scrubs? I’d love to know what’s your favorite! Comment below.